The kids

The kids

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We Have Some Seriously Talented Friends!

Garrett and I have been blessed with some amazing friends!  Not only are they great friends, but they are so talented!  

Many of you may have received Emerson's birth announcement this week.  One of my favorite people, Shilo Holder, made them!  Shilo and I were roommates when I lived in Clemson, and I love her so much.  She and her husband Matt live in Atlanta and have a little boy, Cade, who was born in January.  Shilo is definitely one of the craftier people I know.   She makes beautiful announcements, invitations, and greeting cards and her prices are unbeatable. Check out her website shilodawnhandprints.blogspot.com.  Here is Emerson's announcement in case you haven't seen it.  We love it and will cherish it forever....thanks so much Shilo!
On Thursday, our great friends, Matt and Jenna Daniel, came over to take newborn pictures of Emerson.  Jenna and I grew up together, and she, Matt, and Garrett, all went to Clemson together.  The Daniels have started their own photography business, and their work is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  I feel so blessed to have had Emerson photographed by such a talented photographer.  Garrett and I are so thankful for these pictures.  Here are a few of the pictures...I am going to pick up the CD sometime this week....so be looking for more pictures.  You can check out Matt's work at www.mattdanielphotography.com and at mdpblog.com.   We will definitely have Matt photograph our family for years to come.  





Finally, our friend Margaret, one of my closest friends from college, just got accepted to the art education program at the Savannah College of Art and Design!  We are so proud of her.  She is so talented and has a tremendous passion for art and children.  She graciously took pictures of Emerson in her first few days of life (see earlier post), and created a beautiful piece of artwork for our nursery.  We love you Margaret and we are proud of you.
We are so thankful that our friends have chosen to bless us with their talents!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVED being able to spend some time with Emerson in attempt to capture her beauty! I'll call you later today, and we'll try to meet up!

The Brantley Boys said...

Matt & Jenna are awesome. Those pictures are GREAT. I cannot wait to see all of them. It's official, I need them to do some photos of Harrison.

Brad said...

Reading your recent posts truly made my day. Your daughter is beautiful; You two are beautiful. Beauty is nearly extinct in Ohio, where I find myself living for the moment. Thanks for reminding me of its existence by being yourselves!