The kids

The kids

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Emerson Smiles...just not on command.

Emerson has started smiling!!!! And not just in her sleep, but on purpose and in response to things. It is so cute and to be honest it makes my heart melt. This morning I was sitting with her in my lap and Garrett walked up and kissed her on the head (he was leaving to go to work), and she looked up at him with this huge grin....I loved every second of it! I am realizing what people mean when they say that having kids gets more and more fun every day. I LOVE every second Garrett and I get to spend with her...even when she is screaming (which she does fairly often). We are learning that Emerson is pretty spicy. I have no idea where she got her stubborn, persistent flare from????

Here is a little video of her being cute. She loves to smile, just not when I ask her too. The video is a little dark but you'll get the idea.


Garrett and I are headed to Fripp Island to Spend the 4th with his family, and then we are going to visit my family in Greenville next weekend. I am so excited for Emerson to get to spend time with everyone. She is at such a fun age and I am sad that our family doesn't get to see her more often. So, we will do our best to cherish every second we get to spend with them.

Garrett is leaving Em and I on July 12th to go to Atlanta for 3 weeks (I will be spending most of that time with my family in Greenville) !!!!! While we are sad for him to go, we are so proud of him! He got accepted into a really competitive program with his company and therefore has to attend a 3 week training session. After that, we will start to move a lot, as he will have short work assignments potentially all over the country. So, we could be moving as early as August 1st and could go just about anywhere. We will keep you posted!

6 comments:

GiGi said...

These pictures are wonderful!! Can't wait to see all of you and snuggle little Emerson.

Lots of Love Gigi & Pop

Garrett--We are so proud of you being accepted to IM!!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Aww...Emerson is cute! That little smile makes my heart melt as well.

Are you calling her Em??

I miss you guys so much.

Love you all always!
Amber

The Brantley Boys said...

I miss her already. I have to see y'all before you go to Greenville. We are too close to not see each other!!!!

Shilo said...

When are you coming to ATL??? I can't wait to meet your sweet girl!

Brad said...

I hear that Columbia,SC, could use a Chick-Fil-A interim manager, at least that is the word on the street.