The kids

The kids

Thursday, April 29, 2010

E's on the DL (not the down low, the disabled list)

I've only got a second so I'm gonna sum up the past week or so real quick. We've had some big leadership changes at G's store, so that means more work for both of us. So we never made it to a baseball game and definitely have not enjoyed any beach music. We have however been interviewing new babysitters because McKenzie is leaving us for the summer...boo. It's also looking like I am going to be going back to work pretty full-time over the summer...I can't lie, it makes me a little sad.

Anyway, before life took a turn for the crazy (don't you hate it when it does that), G was taking E to play Frisbee golf every afternoon so I could take a nap. She was his caddy...it was cute. Real cute. She seriously holds his Frisbee's for him the whole time.
Em has also been sporting some super cool sunglasses. Ok, so I put them on her and she takes them right off...it's still cute.
She's also really into digging in her toy baskets and pulling everything out one at a time but at an extremely rapid pace.
Sometimes when she gets to the bottom she falls into the basket and her feet flail around in the air. It's awesome.
Then when things get stuck in the basket (in this case her cash register) and she can't get them out, she makes this face. It's even awesomer.
Sadly, little E burnt the tar out of her fingers by touching a light bulb the other day. One of our new babysitters was here when it happened and we didn't notice it until the next day. I'm sure we looked like great parents taking our kid to the pediatrician with a burnt hand swearing we had no idea what had happened (we didn't talk to the babysitter until after the visit to discover what really happened). It is really sad b/c all of the skin on two of her fingers is peeling off and blistering. I feel so bad for her. We have antibiotic burn cream for her and I tried to put band aids on her fingers. She pulled them off within a few minutes.
No worries, she's still her joyful self. We really love this kid.

3 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

Seriously, the last picture of her is the cutest one that I have ever seen. I love that girl.

Chap and Heather said...

1.) HOLY COW...HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE PREGNANT AGAIN!!!! I am so excited for you! I know, I have been absent from the blog world...we are so crazy busy, but I thought I caught a glimpse of this on FB tonight so I had to check it out! Congrats honey!!

2.) You should keep having those babies girlfriend, Emerson is WAY too cute for you guys not to have a zillion! She's precious!

Tradd & Colleen Rodenberg said...

She's learning disc golf already!!! Finn and I have some work to do :)

Garrett, lemme know when you're in Chucktown and we'll go throw some man!

Tradd