The kids

The kids

Monday, April 19, 2010

We Might Just Have a Life....Maybe

I realize that I have not posted in a while now, but I'm thinking it may be due the fact that we are starting to get a life...maybe. We have been in Durham (no traveling for work or pleasure), for 13 straight days now. And if you take out my 3 day work trip right after Easter, we have been here for 3 weeks straight...which I am pretty sure is a record. I cannot tell a lie, I kind of love it. The more time we spend here the more we realize how much we love this area. The only stinky part is that it is really starting to feel like home. I often find myself thinking, "if we can't live in Greenville, I would love to stay here." With my luck, we'll get moved next week.

Anyway, in our 3 weeks here, we have been enjoying all RDU has to offer: yummy food (lots of yummy food), a bazillion parks, a gajillion farmer's markets, 20 different natural food stores (local and chain), and an infinite amount of shopping centers. This week, I also hope to hit up a Durham Bulls baseball game and possibly go check out the summer beach music concert series at North Hills in Raleigh....I'll let you know if we make it happen. Additionally, we have started making some friends...exciting I know. When we first moved to Durham, we genuinely believed we would only be here for 4 months so we kind of held back on getting too settled or involved in much. So, after almost 8 months, we are abandoning that approach.

Additionally, in a fun little way I feel like little E and I are enjoying the blessing of Garrett's obedience in getting baptized. While we were waiting for G to get baptized on Easter Sunday (the baptisms were held outside after the service), a mom of a little girl in Emerson's nursery class struck up a conversation with us. It was so good to be able to just chat with someone in a similar season of life. Anyway, I ran into her again at church this past Sunday and she invited Em and I over for a little play group at her house today. It was so fun to get to meet and spend time with other women and their kids.

So there you have it folks, we've been busy...but the fun kind of busy. And last but not least, little baby Emerson turned 11 months old today. Here are some pictures from her 11th month of life. It has been a good one.

loving some blueberries...oh this child is pure joy
just being real cute
enjoying some froyo at our favorite local yogurt place (appropriately named "Local Yogurt")
just practicing walking...
driving around Harris Teeter (you can get your cart license at 10 months...he, he)
pulling everything out of the laundry hamper...i love it when she does that
eating pizza at our new fave pizza place, Cinelli's
(ok, E didn't actually eat pizza, just some of the toppings.)

1 comment:

Leah said...

she is beautiful...just like her sweet momma! love you greenie and miss you tons.
Yeah yeah