The kids

The kids

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

Due to the insanity that is the month of May, my blogging may be limited over for the next little while, but I'll do my best. I really don't even know where to begin. Hmmmm.... The month began with a little trip the upstate. A few days at Garrett's parents house and few days at my parents house. I also managed to get some professional pictures made of Emerson during this time. If you want to see a little preview you can go to my facebook page. If you don't have facebook or we aren't friends on facebook, then I guess you'll just have to wait. Anyway, the few I've seen turned out really well...I can't wait to see the rest.

My 1st mothers day was great, and very low key (which I appreciated immensely). I had a quick trip to Atlanta at the beginning of this week for a training meeting, and then we are headed back to Greenville tomorrow to celebrate Emmy's first birthday with our family and a few friends. I can't believe she is gonna be 1 a week from today...unbelievable.

Then next week, Garrett's brother, Cullen, and his wife, Amber, are moving back to the states after living in South Korea for the past 2 and half years....we are so excited we can hardly stand it! Then we head are heading to the beach the weekend after that to go to one of my best friends from high school's wedding and to spend a few days with the Brantleys for a little vacay. Then we head back to Durham to have our big ultrasound to make sure baby Reed #2 is healthy and to see if little E is getting a sister or a brother!

And last but definitely not least, on May 31st (also known as Memorial Day to you people that actually get this day off of work), we begin a huge new product launch at work, so that means lots of work for us. However, in the midst of all the chaos this month, we have managed to have a little fun too. Here's the proof.

We make E wear this hat, a lot (what could be more fun than that). Cullen and Amber sent it to us over Christmas. Apparently it is the "it" look for kids in South Korea.
She'll wear it for hours...it's great (for us).
One of my great friends from college, Wendy, lives right down the street from us. So, E and her little girl have been playing in the baby pool. Emerson could not love this thing more.

2 comments:

GiGi said...

Love the hat and the swimming video. She appears to have her Mom's love of the water. Get ready for swim team!
GG

Hannah Alexander said...

I can't get enough of that little face... she really is such joy. That hat is brilliant, too. You gotta do that kind of thing to your kids while you can, you know...