The kids

The kids

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Raining Pollen

The title of this post has nothing to do with the actual post. However, it is true. I have never seen a "pollen event" like this in my whole life. It's hard to see outside b/c there is so much pollen in the air. I hope we all survive the plague.

Anyway, the past week has been kind of nuts so I am gonna try to sum it up pretty quickly. We took an at home gender test (yes they actually make these now). It says we are having a BOY. It is allegedly 82% accurate. We will see. I would love another girl (sorry little baby, if you are a boy I still love you), but G of course wants a boy (he will still love you if you are a girl). Only time will tell. Regardless the test was kind of fun.
Boy or Girl
We were spending lots of time until the great pollen plague of 2010. During this time Garrett taught Emerson how to eat dirt and sticks. I love him.
We spent Easter in Durham, just the three of us. I thought about it, and I think this is the first big holiday that we have spent together just as our little family. However, the day before Easter, we did head over to Winston-Salem to see some of my cousins, their kids, and my Aunt and Uncle. We had a GREAT time. It was so good to see my family. And to meet the newest addition to our family, Kellen. My cousin and his wife welcomed her to their family on January 18th (which also happens to be my birthday). It was so fun to meet her and to see their 3 year old, Maddox. They live in the Tampa area so we don't get to see them nearly often enough. Also, Emerson got to dye Easter eggs with her cousins...that was fun too.
Emerson mostly liked licking the eggs.
And she really LOVED the hammock swing. We need to get one!
We spent Easter morning at our church here in Durham, The Summit. It was wonderful to celebrate the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. As a family we are constantly overwhelmed by his love for us. It was a beautiful morning. Part of the teaching was on baptism. J.D. (the pastor) talked a lot about what baptism looked like in the Bible and that how biblically, people would get baptized immediately after coming to faith in Jesus to show their new identification with Christ.

I was baptized when I was younger after coming to faith. Garrett was also baptized when he was younger but it was before he really came to faith in Jesus. All that to say, he has been wanting to get baptized again for a long time. He kept thinking he would do it back at our church at home so our family could be there, etc, etc. On Easter Sunday, The Summit was doing baptisms after the service, and half way through the service Garrett decided that it was time to just do it. Although we wanted our family and old small group from Greenville there, we both decided that in the end it really isn't about any of those things. So, G got baptized on Easter. It was beautiful and Emerson and I enjoyed every second of it! I can't think of a better way to spend Easter Sunday.

I love you Garrett, and I love the way you love the Lord.


3 comments:

Mary Beth Spann said...

Yay Garrett! That's so exciting! Although, I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you out of the baptismal pool like you were there for me!! I hope you didn't slip!
P.S. IntelliGender. That's awesome. I'm so doing that next time (well, if it's correct and you have a boy).

katie said...

I'm teary. That was great. That baptism that is, not Gender Intelligence...but the latter is funny.

Sandy said...

That is awesome...thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see you again and catch up. I hope it's a boy...G needs that. I am super excited for you both. PS Emerson is beautiful!!!!