The kids

The kids

Thursday, December 31, 2009

We Need A Nap!

It was sooo good to spend time with our families over Christmas, but it was exhausting. I think our whole family needs a big giant nap now. Due to my tired state this post will contain few words (stop celebrating), here is a picture montage of Christmas 2009.

We spent Christmas Eve at Garrett's grandparents house. Emerson had lots of fun playing with her Great Grandparents, her Aunt Susan, and cousin Wolf.
She really loved pulling Wolf's curly hair.
I got to help her open her first Christmas present ever...sadly Garrett missed this moment. He arrived shortly after though.
Her first present was a Christmas stocking that her Great Grandmom Reed made for her. I cannot wait to use it next year!
The stocking is HUGE! Santa will have his work cut out for him in the years to come. (I just realized she may be pulling her Great Grandmom's hair in this pic...we might need to work on this habit).
Christmas morning was spent at Garrett's parents house. Aunt Courtney was sweet to hep Em open presents.
She got her first car! I still cannot believe she is big enough to have toys like this. I think her dad may enjoy this gift more than she does.
Christmas evening Garrett headed back to Durham, and Em and I headed to Greenville to see my family. My sister and I let her open some of her presents from them a little early, and we discovered that she loves having bows stuck to her head (or at least she doesn't mind it).
Saturday afternoon Em and I went back to Spartanburg to visit her Great Grandmom Brown, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins who all drove up from the lower part of the state. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this. It was so sweet to watch her with her Great Grandmom Brown...Emerson loved her! Saturday evening Garrett drove back to Greenville from Durham so that we could exchange gifts with my family on Sunday. Emerson was excited to have more bows to play with.
Em played with a table like this at her friend, Bryson's, house over Thanksgiving. My mom got her one for Christmas and it is definitely a hit. I have to hide at home every now and then.
Hands down my favorite part of our time at home was watching my mom use the weighted Hula Hoop that Garrett and I got her (she wanted it). We timed her and she hula hooped for 3.5 minutes straight....very impressive for a Grandma! Sorry mom, this picture was too classic not to share. You should feel lucky I am only posting one....there are lots more!
My sweet dad refinished my grandma's rocking chair from when she was little for Emerson. My grandmother passed away very unexpectedly on Mothers Day in 2007 and I miss her so much all the time. My sister and I both played with this chair when we were little... it means SO much to us to have it. Em seems to love it too!
It looks like we are going to be staying in Durham at least until the end of February, and we are very thankful! After that who knows where we will be. Can't wait to see where we will be living this time next year.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I loved looking at pictures of Emerson's first Christmas!! Next year we'll celebrate with her and I can't wait!!

Leah said...

She is just precious Ali! I love, love, love you!