The kids

The kids

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Peace On Earth

If you don't already know, I LOVE getting Christmas cards. It makes me really happy to see and hear from all of our favorite people at my favorite time of year. Since we are in corporate housing this Christmas, all of our Christmas decor is in storage. So, out of necessity, I have gotten a little crafty this holiday season. I made stockings, ornaments, paper garland, and a star tree topper. Additionally, I decided to use all of the Christmas cards we received as ornaments too. We have actually loved this and may continue to do this as a family tradition in the future. Since our tree is in our living room, where we spend all of our time, looking at it constantly reminds us of the amazing relationships the Lord has blessed us with.

My favorite card we received this year was from my Aunt Rhonda and Uncle David. The humor may be lost on some of you (she says she has gotten a few complaints) but knowing them and my little cousins (their grandkids), that are pictured on the card....it made me laugh a lot. Yes, that is duct tape on their mouths....don't be alarmed, they loved posing for this picture.
Here are some pics of my handy work......
And here are some tasty holiday treats I have made...
Emerson and I (G will catch up with us at some point) are leaving in the morning to head to the Upstate to spend time with G and I's families for Christmas. So, it will be a while before I post anything again. Therefore, I felt it was important to leave you with some new pictures of the little lady. She is officially 7 months old now. She has 2 teeth, is sitting up on her own, is working on crawling, and has recently started to figure out how to use a sippy cup. She also mastered using a straw at Garrett's work Christmas party. Unfortunately she threw an ugly temper tantrum when I took the straw and drink away from her. Regardless, we are still proud of her.
Have a blessed and Merry Christmas!!!!

5 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

Adam told me about the Marshall modeling expo. I laughed out loud. He did fail to mention that his name is now Jim. Too funny. If nothing else, your domestic skills have increased significantly since you have arrived in Durham. I love your Christmas cards on the tree...what a great idea.

Leah said...

you go martha!!! super cute tree and stockings. have a good christmas and tell your sweet family hello! love you

Sabrina said...

That's SO funny about marshall! Even funnier that his "stage name" is Jim. lol! And WAY TO GO on the decorations! I'm so super impressed by your craftiness. I really could use some lessons. seriously. Merry Christmas to you guys! lots of love :)

Amber said...

Your decorations are so wonderful and Emerson is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to see some Christmas pictures of her. Love and miss you guys like crazy!!

katie said...

I am so IMPRESSED!! You are indeed crafty! Your tree is great! The stockings are adorable! Look at you. Domestic Diva for sure! So creative! Way to use what you have to make things merry and bright!

Loveyou!