The kids

The kids

Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday.........

This week has been a big week for our family.... this past Thursday my mom, a.ka. GiGi, had a birthday.  Because announcing her age to the blogosphere might be traumatic for her....I will keep the details to myself.  However, we are so thankful for her life and for the way she loves our family.  We were so blessed to have her, my dad, my sister, and my brother-in-law come visit for the weekend. It was so great to spend time with them. We miss our families so much.  They have all been so gracious to come visit us over the  past year since we can't get away very often.  For your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of GiGi blowing out the candles on her Pumpkin Pie Cake that I made (yes I am that domestic).
In other exciting news, Emerson turned 5 months old today!  I really cannot believe how fast our time with her is going by.  Here are some of her latest stats:
  • She is pretty much happy all the time, except for when she gets a little whiny and makes this really cute face.
  • She can roll over from her stomach to her back and from her back to her stomach.  However she can only roll to her left....it is funny to watch her roll in a straight  line across the den.
  • She actually likes our dog, Stabler, God bless her
  • While she is 5 months old, she is still in 3 month clothes
  • She likes to wear hats, or atleast she doesn't mind them
Of course I am about to show you some pictures of her from today...but just a warning.......she is cuter than ever...seriously.  These pictures show Emerson wearing one of our favorite hats that unfortunately does not fit her anymore. :(  However, she still manages to rock it!

The whiny, yet still cute, face


And finally, our dog, Stabler, turns 4 tomorrow.  When we got Stabler almost 4 years ago, I looked 4 years into the future and envisioned an older, calmer, easier dog.  It is funny how our visions can be so WRONG.  While he is older, he seems to be just as energetic and even more neurotic.  However, we still love him (although there are days when I feel like I am just tolerating him).  Happy Birthday Stabler!

4 comments:

Mary Beth Spann said...

You just made the middle of the night feed so much more enjoyable. I didn't even hear D snoring. You are so stinkin hilarious and Emerson is so stinkin BEAUTIFUL! Love you and miss you.Tell your mom Happy 40th from us. :)

The Brantley Boys said...

I love that you are domestic. I'm contemplating domesticating myself at some point, but we'll see. I miss y'all! And tell Gigi that she doesn't look a day over 35.

katie said...

That little Emerson is BEA-Utiful!!
And even if that little knit hat is squeezing her head, she is INDEED rocking it!!

Mark and Lindsay said...

Need new pictures. Gotta see that cute girl.