The kids

The kids

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

H1N1 and A Tooth

The past week and half feel like a they have lasted a lifetime! Last Friday, Emerson and I headed to Greenville. I had to go to Atlanta all last week for work, so Em spent the week with both Garrett and I's families. Both of our parents, my sister, my brother-in-law, and Garrett's Grandmom all took time off of work and from their busy schedules to babysit for us. It meant so much to us to have them help take care of little Em so I could be in Atlanta. I am pretty sure that Emerson enjoyed every second of it. Before I left to go to ATL, Kristin and Bryson, stopped by my mom and dad's house. It was so great to see them! We dressed them up on their Halloween costumes and then just laughed....a lot! The lone picture does not do the experience justice.
My week in Atlanta was great but I was so ready to get home to Garrett and precious little Emerson. We spent Halloween at Garrett's parents house watching South Carolina lose to Tennesee....which was horribly depressing. But, what was even more depressing was when I woke up the next morning not feeling so good. Then, the whole ride back to Durham I kept not feeling so good, and by the time we were home I had a temperature of 102, that didn't go away for three days! I finally went to the doctor yesterday and after a flu test (which i will say is a horribly uncomfortable experience...they stick things up your nose!), it is official, I have the flu. From now on, everyone in our family will be getting flu shots. It has truly been one of the most miserable experiences.

I have been praying that Garrett and Emerson do not get it. However, Garrett did just come home from work early claiming to have "the worst headache ever." Which brings us to the Garrett Reed quote of the day. So, he came home and got straight in the bed b/c his head hurt so badly. Being the awesome wife that I am, I got him some Goody's headache powder, a Vitamin Water, and a warm towel for his head. As I was about to leave the room, I said, "Can I get you anything else? Maybe put on some Enya?" To which Garrett replied, "Yeah, is that lingerie?" Wishful thinking G!

Oh, I almost forgot....in the middle of our swine flu incident, it seems that Emerson has gotten her first tooth! I haven't been able to get a good picture of it yet...but don't worry, I will. Instead you can enjoy the following pictures of Emerson playing with and sucking on her toes, oh and one of Garrett making fun of her...b/c making fun of a 51/2 month old is so cool.





1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, busy busy busy as usual. I'm so sorry that you have been sick. So did Garrett get the flu or did he just have a headache? Oh my gosh, we need to have a "bring your niece to class day" at my YOGA studio!! Emerson could really teach us all some moves!!! Wow! As always, I love and miss you guys so much! Big Hugs and Kisses from Aunt Amber and Uncle Cullen!!!