The kids

The kids

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall = Happiness

As most of you know, Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year.  There are about a million reasons why this is my favorite time of year...a few of those reasons include but are not limited to: college football, apple everything, pumpkin everything, yummy food, cool weather, beautiful leaves, comfy clothes, fun boots, the excitement of the holidays being right around the corner, which ultimately means wonderful time with family, and drinking coffee sprinkled with cinnamon while cuddled up under a blanket.

 Really I could go on an on...but I won't. Garrett and I have discovered that this time of year is even more fun with Emerson.  The kid gets cuter and more fun everyday.  I told Garrett the other day that it is a good thing I didn't know this baby thing was gonna be so amazing because I would have wanted to do it sooner! We took Emerson to a pumpkin patch this past Sunday and it was so much fun.  It is so cool to watch her take everything in...and dressing her up in fall outfits has also proven to be fun.  I have always HATED Halloween (mostly because it annoys me to have to dress up), but I am actually looking forward to it now. Emerson adds a whole new element of fun to everything.

I cannot believe she will be 5 months old soon!  Some of the more hilarious things Em has done lately are: 
  • Escaping from her bouncy seat (ok, so i was a little concerned when i heard a thud and found her laying on the floor but once I knew she was ok...very funny)
  • Sucking on her toes (ok so this is more gross than funny)
  • Using her toes to turn on her mobile....amazing!
  • Pulling her leg warmers off and then sucking on them
  • And finally she has started making motor boat sounds with her mouth...which is really funny except for when she has sweet potatoes in her mouth
All this to say, Emerson brings more joy to our life than I could ever put into words.  The Lord has blessed us in ways that we do not even come close to deserving.  Although this season of life is difficult for us, it is making us so greatful for every minute we get to spend together as a family. With Garrett working from 7:30am-10pm 6 days a week, Sundays are a treasured day for us.  We have a found a church, The Summit, that WE LOVE!  http://www.summitrdu.com/  Our Sundays are spent worshipping together and exploring Durham.  We have met some great people and are really enjoying the time that we have here.  However, we are also very thankful for all of our support from our friends and family at home....don't know how we would get through this time without all of y'all!

Here are a few pictures from us enjoying Fall and Sunday.  




2 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying this season! Great pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing them! I love and miss you guys so much! Give that beautiful girl a BIG hug from Aunt Amber!!!

The Brantley Boys said...

I love the new look of the blog. I'm glad fall is upon you. We don't really have it here. Em looks so old in her high chair. Hopefully we can see you soon!