The kids

The kids

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Conclusion

I know the blogoshpere has been waiting on pins and needles to hear how our trip home from the Myrtle went. Well, I changed my game plan up a bit.  The plan, no stops. Period. That plan actually worked well until we got about an hour from home and Evan starting screaming so loud that Emerson couldn't hear her Elmo DVD anymore, so she started screaming.  So, I pulled over at a rest stop.  Since it had been 4 and half hours since Evan had eaten, and he normally eats every 3 I figured I should feed him.  However, I stuck to my guns, there were no diaper changes just a quick refill of Em's juice, a quick feeding for Evan in the front seat and we were back on the road....no one got out of the car.  There was a substantial amount of crying from both kids (and almost from me) for the last hour, but I figure one hour out of 4 and half isn't that bad. And we made it home before the blizzard of 2011 hit.  

I would call it a mostly successful trip.  Oh except that Em's pants (and parts of her shirt) were soaking wet when we got home. It seems that the giant glass of water and multiple sippy cups of juice on the way back coupled with my refusal to stop created quite the diaper explosion.  I guess I should wash the car seat.  Now that your mind is at ease knowing we made home (well let's be honest, we don't have a home..we made it to my parents home), enjoy your snow day...if you are in the Southeast somewhere.

3 comments:

Grandmom Reed said...

Yeah for you. So glad you made it safely although loudly home!

The Brantley Boys said...

I'm glad you made it home. You are pretty amazing to even attempt it. I just wish you would be here permanently, soon. I miss my boo and it was so great to get to see you this weekend. Btw...I totally forgot to take pics of our kiddos. I'm so lame.

Hannah Alexander said...

I sadly have been waiting on pins and needles ton hear about it... I am obsessed with your familyband your blog, Allison! I love all the hysterical stories and seriously cannot get enough. Love it!!!