The kids

The kids

Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Not All Gloom and Doom

I realized I had been emoting way too much on this blog when my friend Lindsay called the other day and said, "So, you're sad huh. I read your blog." So, in an effort to show the blogosphere that my life is still moving forward and that I don't actually sit around in a house by myself crying all day....here is a photo story depicting some moments from the past few weeks that have made me laugh.  Here we go.

When we are visiting Garrett at the beach, he still has to work and we are stuck in a mostly empty third floor apartment. So, we all start to get bored and begin to look a little like this...
"Mom.....I'm so bored."
"Seriously mom, this is the pits."

So, I got sick of the whining and decided to let the kids entertain themselves while I did a puzzle.  Well, I actually did 2 puzzles but I only have a picture of one.
You would be shocked to know how difficult those leaves were.
While I worked on those Emerson decided to take Evan's temperature.  He said, "noooo."

She did it anyways. He was fever free. 






 We have also taken a few trips to Spartanburg over the past few weeks.  On one of those trips, Garrett's mom dressed Evan up like a duck.

He clearly loved it.
On that same trip, Garrett's dad, made the rookie mistake of setting Emerson's pack and play up right underneath a set of drawers.  Half way through "nap time" (there was definitely no napping), we heard loud banging noises coming from the room.  This is what we found.
 

Here is a closer look at the contents of Garrett's drawers from high school. It should be noted that Emerson had completely cleaned the drawer out.  These pics only show what was left after we put half of it back (it took me a minute to think to grab the camera).

That was fun.  Emmy and I have also been playing outside or "side" as she call it.  I have been taking lots of pictures of her because I love her.  Here are a few.

Garrett came to visit one weekend and we were enjoying a quiet Sunday morning when Em came running into the room looking like this.

She had just been dancing in the shower (one of her favorite past times), but when she ran up to us she was screaming, "ball ball ball ball ball." We were both confused about what she could possibly be so upset about until we smartened up and realized she must have dropped her favorite bouncy ball down the drain while she was dancing. So we spent the next hour doing this....

 Garrett trying to suck the ball up with a vacuum (while using his flashlight app), and Emerson cheering him on crying and screaming "ball ball ball ball." Sadly (especially for my parents since it is their house), the ball was never recovered.

And finally, in case you were wondering, Evan is still chunky.  But, he is able to use his hands more now, so maybe  he will lose some weight from all the exercise. Maybe.

There you have it, even with Garrett gone most of the time, I do still laugh and enjoy life. 

3 comments:

Grandmom Reed said...

I love your blogs. This made me laugh so much! Especially the pic of Garrett in the shower. Love you all!

The Brantley Boys said...

Okay...no going to lie. The Myrtle isn't all doom and gloom. Remember the part where I saw you more in a week than I did all last year? I guess you just forgot that...my feelings aren't that hurt. I kid. I know it sucks to be on the 3rd floor with two kiddos and your friend that is stressed about her newborn's belly. I'll be more fun next time you come.

Jami said...

Evan's expressions crack me up! He is adorable!!