The kids

The kids

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Holy Smoke....

Our life has taken a turn for the crazy....shocking I know. Well when I got back from California 2 weeks ago, Garrett told me that he had gotten a phone call saying they were moving him to an assignment in Northern Virginia and that he would need to be there by the end of the month. They said it would be a short assignment so we decided there was no way little E and I could go. You know since I'm scheduled to have a baby in 7 weeks. So, I got that news on Wednesday the 11th and on Wednesday the 18th the moving truck was packed and Garrett was driving E and I to my parents house in SC.

The memorial service for Amber's dad was that same Wednesday in Gastonia, so we drove the moving truck there. Really classy. The service was really beautiful and it was so good to just get to wrap my arms around Amber....she is such an amazing person and I am so blessed to have her as a sister-in-law. And I am beyond thankful that she and Cullen are finally back in the states and living so close to us know!

We got the Penske truck (we have permanently boycotted U-Haul...i can't believe i even just drew attention to them by mentioning their name) unpacked on Thursday and Friday and then on Saturday, G and I went to stay at the new Marriott in Greenville to celebrate 5 years of marriage! I think we would both agree that the 5th year has by far been the most challenging. Having our first child, being separated a lot for work reasons, and being in an extremely difficult position career wise has definitely presented us with challenges that we never could have imagined. I definitely think we both dream of living a "normal" life....whatever that means. All that to say, I love him more than ever and as we deal with all of these challenges together, we are both reaffirmed that the Lord ordained our marriage and that we were meant to walk through these challenges together.

So, our 6th year of marriage began with Em turning 15 months old, us being exactly 2 months away from having baby #2, and Garrett leaving for Northern VA for a few months, while E and I stay with my parents. Emerson is pretty amazing these days. She is walking and talking up a storm....in fact I think she probably had 10 or 15 words in her vocabulary before she ever took her first step (which happened on July 22nd). Her favorite thing to say is "No M'am." It's starting to drive me crazy. I working on "Yes M'am" but she doesn't seem interested.

Our little man is scheduled to be born at 9:30am on October 19th....hopefully we will have come up with a name by then. I'm thinking we will have to decide on something at the hospital b/c G and I really wont' be together to discuss it until then. Speaking of, G will have to fly home for the birth so please pray that our little guy doesn't come early...otherwise my sweet sister will be going into the operating room with me.

Ahhhh.....I'm too tired to update the world on much else. If I ever seem like I handle the chaos in our life gracefully, I assure that's all a big facade...not an intentional one but one none the less. I am tired and I miss my husband, bad. I miss having a home where my little family can all dwell together (G is living in a motel in Northern, VA...it drives him crazy when I call it a motel...he, he. I'm sure the Candlewood Inn is very nice). I would post pics of my precious little daughter but my parents will only give me guest access on their computer so I can't (this is not a joke). Nothing says "make yourself at home" like denying you full computer access. I love you mom and dad.

I am confident the Lord is doing something big in our lives amidst all this craziness and I am clinging to His promises but darn it if I'm not ready for a little relief. Selfish I know, but that's where I am.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aww....Allison. Thanks so much for all your love and most of all your friendship. I too feel that God has a plan and we're part of it. At times it seems like maybe he has overlooked us, but I know that could never be true. I'm glad to be home and so close as well. I can't believe that I will just be like living an hour away when little baby boy reed is here!!!! I love you so much and had such a great time Friday night. I'm sure it's going to be a normal thing over the next few weeks at least which makes me very happy!!! I love you!

Hannah Alexander said...

Allison, oh. my. gosh. How in the world are you doing? How in the world are you pregnant and also having a child already and going through all this?? Please let me know what I can do to help you out at all!! Praying for y'all and for baby boy Reed... I thought of another cute name with Reed... Ford Reed. Maybe too many "d"s, but I still like it. I also like Wesley for you and Grant. Hum....