The kids

The kids

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Things That Make Me Real Happy

There are lots of things in life that make me real happy. But for the sake of time (I'm not sure how much longer E will actually sit and watch the "On the farm" video I just put in), I will just list a few very quickly.

Thing #1: After another visit to the Pediatric Cardiologist (and more more medical bills), we found out that our little boys heart is developing perfectly NORMALLY! What a huge answer to prayers. So, unless the Pediatrician finds something after he is born, Emerson will be the only Reed family member going to the Cardiologist regularly.

Thing #2: This picture. I am fairly confident I have posted this picture before. The quality isn't so great since I took it with my phone. But, I love it. It captures my little girl so perfectly. If you want to know joy, hang out with this kid. She rocks. G and I love her and her little heart so much. I hope our little man loves life as much as she does.
Thing #3: Remembering our vacay with the Brantley's a few weeks ago. It was pretty much perfect. Here's a little photo recap.

Much to Garrett and Adam's disapproval, Mandy and I let Em and Harrison take baths together every night. They loved it. We will put an end to this when they get a little older. But for now, we'll allow it.
Harrison wanted to make sure E got cleaned adequately. Notice the giant shiner on his eye. E punched him cause he got to frisky. I'm kidding. He actually fell a few feet off of their porch onto some brick about 10 minutes after we got there. He's hardcore so it didn't phase him much. That's why Em wants to marry him.
Harrison, really likes to drive. I'm not kidding...the kid knows his way around a vehicle better than I do. If he could reach the pedals, I would actually let him drive little E somewhere. This is them getting ready to go on a date to the beach.
Our little buttercup just being cute.
G and Em on the beach. Don't worry her arms didn't pop out of socket.
Running towards the water....which she loved.
We were in Myrtle Beach so we of course played Putt Putt. Harrison wanted to push Em around the whole time. So, we let him. He only made me nervous once, or maybe twice.
Does she look scared?
"No ma, I ain't scared!"
Garrett and Adam thought it would be fun if they color coordinated with their kids.
The Brantley's took it a step farther and decided to all color coordinate. They are such a classy bunch.
And this is why we love them and miss them so much. We enjoyed every second of our trip. If you get a chance, you should go spend a week with them too. They're a good time.
Alright, that's enough of the things that make me real happy for now. Em is spitting her strawberry milk on the floor (yes we have to slip high fructose corn syrup into her milk in order for her to drink it, so what). Also, I should note that the look of our blog has changed yet again. I fully realize I am a serial background changer. But, I'm fickle like that. I change my mind a lot. One day I want color the next I want simple. There is a reason I do not have a tattoo.

3 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

I love the new background change. I love all the things that make you happy. They make me VERY happy too. Harrison does love that girl. I can't wait to put these pictures on their rehearsal dinner slideshow! PS will you Picasa me your pictures from the vacation?

Leah said...

I love your blog posts. they make me laugh and i can hear you saying every. stinking. thing! I miss you greenie! can we have a family vacation with yall too? I want to meet ms. e. you know i have two pretty cute little boys in case the harrison thing doesnt work out....loves!

katie said...

I like the background changes. Its so seasonal and fun, keep it up, that's what I say!