The kids

The kids

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Can't Even...

I can't even begin to wrap m mind around the fact that little Emerson turned TEN MONTHS OLD yesterday. She's double digits! I also can't wrap mind around the fact that we will have another little one 7 months from now. I kind of like how life keeps me in constant amazement. Anyway, I have been accused more than once in my life of not being sentimental enough. Therefore, I don't have any pictures tracking Emerson's growth each month or a baby book full of stuff I've been collecting. So, in lieu of those things, I thought I would take a moment to share some of my thoughts about little Em.

My top 10 favorite things about Emerson:
(some of which might also make me crazy at times)
1. She is freakishly persistent
2. She has some really great facial expressions
3. She gets her feelings hurt easily (very sensitive)
4. She prefers to feed herself
5. She has ZERO fear (I wish I had that)
6. She claps for everything and everyone
7. She will mimmic almost anything you do (this could be trouble down the road)
8. She genuinely loves our dog, Stabler (she is the only one)
9. Instead of giving you kisses, she licks your face
10. She thinks she is the funniest person she knows

For your enjoyment, pictures of our little lady. She makes our hearts feel things we never knew we could feel.

she has mastered the downward dog

3 comments:

SRS said...

i think i just teared up...

GiGi said...

She is so adorable and we are missing her too much! I wonder where she got the persistence - perhaps her Mom and Dad. It should serve her well. Looks like she is ready to take off walking. GG

Amber said...

Yay for Emerson! I love her and you guys and your little bun in the oven. I'm so happy and proud of you and Garrett. You both work so hard to keep your family happy and healthy. It's humbling to witness. I also can't believe that Em's 10 months already! Even more than that though I can't believe she'll be ONE in two months and I'll be home for her first birthday!!!!! (We'll be in Charlotte on the 17th.)

Love, miss and think about you always!

Amber