The kids

The kids

Friday, January 22, 2010

Where to Begin???

Gosh, the past week or so is kind of a blur....I'm not even sure where to start. Let's see...last Thursday we headed to Charleston for a long weekend. We were going down to see our friends Michael and Amanda O'Neal before they move to Africa in a few weeks and to celebrate my birthday with our friends. We were driving to Greenville to drop Em off at my parents house on Thursday evening when we found out that one of our great friends from Young Life had passed away that day.
Although the news was shocking and devastating, it was amazing to see how the Lord revealed himself in so many ways. The fact that almost all of our friends were already in route to Charleston from all over (Costa Rica, Tennesee, etc) was amazing. Literally within hours of getting the news,we were all able to be together and to attend the memorial services as a group. I never knew I could experience such a wide variety of emotion in such a short span of time...but I did. We celebrated the life and grieved the loss of our friend, celebrated my birthday, and said goodbye to some dear friends who are headed to Africa for a few years. We feel so blessed to have such amazing friends to walk through life with. Here are a few pics from Charleston.

Garrett and John Childress cuddling
Some of my favorite ladies
Garrett enjoying one of the yummy cupcakes Margaret made for my b-day
On Monday, we went back to Greenville to pick up Em and to celebrate my birthday with my family. My family treated me to a spa day that was AMAZING! And it was so good to see precious Emerson again. Garrett and I keep saying that we feel like we dropped her off as a baby and picked her up as a little girl. She is on the verge of crawling and is pulling up on everything. Additionally, she developed an entirely new vocabulary while we were gone. She says "mama" and "dada" all the time and then speaks in some baby language the rest of the time. Garrett and I are in awe of her and are constantly amazed by how much we love her. Her little spirit is so joyful...ALL THE TIME. It really is unbelievable. Here are a few pics of our happy little girl.

And last but not least, my sister taught Emerson how to clap while we were gone. She claps all of the time and I love it. Here is a little video for your enjoyment. Amanda, enjoy the fruit of your labor!!

4 comments:

Mary Beth Spann said...

Emerson is one of the cutest white baby girls ever. Beautiful! We need to have that phone convo soon!!

GiGi said...

I love the clapping - she is a real talent. We had so much fun having her in Gvl last weekend. Thanks for letting us spend time with her. She is a blessing -- of course you and Garrett are too!!
GiGi

The Brantley Boys said...

I can't even handle how cute she is!

Amber said...

Wow, she is growing up so fast! She's definitely shedding that baby face and growing into a little girl face! She is so beautiful. I'm glad you had a good time with your friends and a great birthday! I miss you like crazy!