The kids

The kids

Sunday, January 31, 2010

And The Winners Are....

not Garrett and Allison Reed. Yes folks, we will not be winning any type of care taker/parent awards any time in the near future. We may win some other type of awards....like most fun, best looking, most moves in any period of time, but definitely not Parent of the Year or Pet Owner of the Month.

On Friday night buckets of snow began to fall from the sky here in Durham, and by yesterday morning we had close to 7 inches of snow. Little Em loved watching the snow fall...or maybe she just loves looking at herself in the glass.
Saturday morning began with Garrett taking the dog for a little walk while Em and I watched from the window (it was still a little cold out that early for me). As we were watching we saw Stabler run down to the little pond near our house. As you can see, the pond does appear to be frozen over...
Well, Stabler learned the hard way that the pond is in fact....not frozen over. Yes, on Garrett's watch, the dog ran into the lake. When he hit the water he went completely under and came up yelping. Luckily he was able to get himself out , so Garrett didn't have to go in after him. However, Stabler booked it back to the house where we spent a good 30 minutes drying him with a towel and blow dryer.

After that we decided we would all stay in for a little while and just watch a movie. Garrett and I were relaxing on the couch, thoroughly enjoying the movie (Paper Heart), and Emerson was walking around the coffee table. I guess we weren't watching her closely enough b/c she took a major tumble, hitting her chin first and then her forehead on the coffee table. When I picked her up she had blood running out of her mouth and giant welt and bruise on her forehead and a nice gash on her chin. She cried for about 20 minutes...until I let her lick a tootsie pop. As I stated earlier....we won't be winning any parenting awards anytime soon.

Although the morning was slightly traumatic for the dog and baby, we did get some quality family time out in the snow later in the afternoon. I am loving all of the snow. It makes our apartment complex look like a charming snowy village.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Aww, poor little Em. Tootsie Pops make everything better. Wow, that is a lot of snow for the Carolinas! Stay in, keep warm, and enjoy your time together!! We miss you guys!

Hannah Alexander said...

I have to say I am loving your blogs girl! You are a GREAT mom and so wonderful to keep up this blog for your little one to maybe look back at someday. How nutso she's going to think we all are... it's hysterical! I wish I was up there in the snow with you guys and not headed to jury duty... ugh. LOVE! hannah

Len Reed said...

I'm worried about my Granddog.