The kids

The kids

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Turkey Legs and the 4th

I pretty much love the 4th of July. This year, Garrett and I attended the Greenville Symphony Orchestra's Independence Day Celebration at the new Heritage Park Amphitheatre. Garrett, my dad, and my brother-in-law especially loved this because they got to eat giant turkey legs.

I think my parents, who just returned from gallivanting in Europe for the past few weeks, were glad to be back and celebrating America!!! I n true Team Reed fashion, Garrett and I were ultra cool and dressed alike in seersucker pants, white shirts, and red accessories. Garrett was super excited to sport his America hat...my mom tried to convince him to wash it but Garrett insists that washing it is out of the question. He is afraid it will deteriorate and be lost forever.


We ran into my friend Jenn which was really fun. Out of about 10,000 people she and her daughter Shae (20 months) were sitting right next to us. They were there to watch Jenn's husband Chris because he was playing percussion with the orchestra. All in all it was a fabulous evening (the only thing missing was giant serving of banana pudding).

All I have to say is God Bless America!!!

2 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

No Lee Greenwood reference? Surely you guys paid homage to him with a fantastic rendition of "I"m Proud To Be An American." Oh and by the way, that "America" hat is well on its way to deterioration...just like it was 5 years ago.

Keever Kids said...

Great blog! I am glad to have found it! You both look so cute in your matching outfits! :)