The kids

The kids

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Life in the Dirty D...

It's official....we live in North Carolina. WEIRD! It occurred to me a few minutes ago that I have never lived anywhere besides Charleston or Upstate South Carolina. Although we are almost the same distance from Greenville that we were in Charleston, I feel like we are a million miles away. I guess you could say I am feeling kinda homesick. And, although we sleep in the same bed at night, I REALLY miss Garrett.
Garrett went straight to work after being here for 5 minutes and he has pretty much been there ever since. Today is the first day that he will not see Emerson at all....I have a feeling there will be many more of those days to come. Garrett will be working around the clock for a while because it seems that he is VERY short-handed at work. Hopefully we can get some good people hired and trained soon, so we can spend some time together as a family soon.

Emerson (and Stabler) seem to be adjusting well. The apartment and the furnishings are nice...I will take pics soon. We really live closer to Chapel Hill than we do to Durham. We are located almost exactly halfway between Duke and UNC. I like the area a lot....just wish family and friends were closer. Anyway, here are some pics I have taken of Em recently...she is 15 weeks old today! Things have been so crazy that I somehow lost a week of her life...I just realized she is 15 weeks today, not 14. I told a handful of people today that she was 14 weeks...oops!







I like to call this video..."How to tell when Em needs a nap." Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks Allison! I'm glad you are happy with your new apt. and like the area. North Carolina isn't so bad, however I've never lived on that sade of the state. I'm sad that Garrett can't spend more time with you two. Hopefully things will settle soon and he'll have more time, unfortunately though probably just as that happens it will be holiday season. Emerson is beautiful. I can't believe how big she is. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her hat!

Love and miss you guys so much!
Amber

Cullen said...

Welcome to Best Carolina! however Durham is not the best part of Best Carolina, but Chapel Hill is awesome, so is Carrboro, which is where Greg lives, he's just following you guys around. And he's unemployed at the moment you should look him up, he is a good taskmaster but a little lacking in tact and social skills. Maybe he could make french fries or orders or something, you probably wouldn't want him to be dealing with too many customers. Well hope life in the Dirty D works out alright, you know you have to choose a triad team to pull for during football season. you've got three mighty terrible football schools surrounding you. Also you've got a pro hockey team! SWEET! well enjoy. Have a nice day. WE love you guys!

The Thalinger Clan said...

Allison! She is just precious and growing SO much! It's amazing how much they change weekly! Hopefully things will settle down with you guys and you will meet lots of new people where yall are. That's how I felt when we first moved to Charlotte. Let me know if you guys are ever this way, we would love to see you and that beautiful daughter of yours!

The Brantley Boys said...

Greenie...I'm dying to come visit. Em is so beautiful. I just love that little lady. Just remember, it is a season...this will pass. I know it is super-tough right now. Love you all!